Today is March 17 — St. Patrick’s Day — and it seems the whole world is seeing green! By tomorrow, all posts about pots o’ gold Irish eyes are smilin’ will be gone. The color of luck, money won’t be splashed all over social media. But, it needs to be. Here are 10 reasons why you should wear green after St. Patrick’s Day:
- Cerebral palsy is the most common physical disability in childhood.
- There are over 17 million people in the world living with cerebral palsy.
- March is Cerebral Palsy Awareness Month
- March 25 is National Cerebral Palsy Awareness Day.
5. There is no federal funding for cerebral palsy.
7. Adults with CP are often forgotten. They have trouble getting the help they need.
8. There are many inspiring stories about adults and children thriving (not suffering!) with CP. By wearing green, you can help highlight them.
10. Many people with CP feel alone. Wear green to support 17 million of us, remind everyone that green isn’t just for St. Patrick’s Day!
Originally published at https://nicoleluongo.com on March 17, 2018.